RgC Composition Contest!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Submission

2 posters

Go down

My Submission Empty My Submission

Post  Jed Stancato Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:26 am

(I know it is late, but I wanted to put something up there now)

In the dark recesses of space, there is nothing more lonely than being stranded on Mars away from everything you know and love. The same would be the case for this man. He left his family and friends to get a chance to do something special and unique. Little did he know, he would be stranded out millions of miles from home.

When he landed there, he was looking forward to exploring Mars and learning all about it. However, little did he know that the landing broke two very integral components of his ship... the communications system and the fuel tanks.

On his first day, he went out and explored the planet. He found all sorts of unique scientific rocks and he caves. He didn't go very deep into the caves because he had only intended to be out of the ship for a short period of time and do some research. He treated this like a typical scientific mission. He collected samples and brought it back to bring home. It was when he returned, he noticed that there was a lot of liquid near his ship. His first thought was that he had discovered water on Mars... until he saw the liquid move and realized it was because of a drop from right above... where the fuel tanks were.

He realized that at this point, all of the fuel had fallen from ship. So he went to the communications system and when he tried to turn it on, he noticed it wouldn't come online. He traced the problem all the way to it's source. He realized his communications system was shot, his fuel was gone and he had no way of getting home or calling for help.

He spent that night in the ship. But he knew he was going to have to go out and look for food, shelter, and would have to figure out a way to survive. During the night though, he would receive a visit. His visitor would actually be an inhabitant of Mars itself. But the inhabitant he would meet also happened to be a very beautiful female of Mars. She had noticed him as he had been looking through the caves and chose to follow him out of her own scientific interest in someone new.

When he woke up and saw her, he was very frightened. He jumped back. She looked at him inquisitively wondering who he was and why he acted the way he did. He watched her and she watched him for a good five minutes before he realized that she intended him no harm. It was at that point that he let himself relax and move a little closer to her.

He started to tell her about his plight, the communications system and the fuel tank. She seemed to understand what he was saying. And it was then that she spoke to him about the caves. He seemed completely shocked that he could understand her. Someone who spoke English millions of miles away from where English is spoken? How could this be?

He asked how she could understand him, and she revealed a small device around her neck. She told him how the device was able to translate spoken communication forms from one individual to another. That all it needed was samples of speech to learn the language and translate it for her. And that it would also translate what she would say into the native language of the one listening to her. It was a two way universal translator.

She told him to go with her to the caves. He decided to follow her because he had no expectation of help coming any time soon and realized that he was going to be there for a while. She led him down into the caves further down than he had gone. They travelled down for what felt like hours. He started to wonder where he was going to end up... and then they turned the corner.

He saw a huge opening in the cavern, and in this opening was an entire city. He saw aliens going about their daily activities. He looked around and saw many beautiful females going about their day. He followed her into the city amazed by the technology he saw there and the designs of the various buildings.

She talked to him about how the city came to be and what the various buildings were for. He seemed simply amazed by everything. This small alien civilization had a similar fate. They were on a colony ship that had crash landed on Mars. They ultimately mined resources and built a small city out of the sight of people so that they would be safe.

He asked a lot of questions to which his lovely companion answered them all. He was just amazed about the whole thing and them. What he didn't know and had failed to ask was why there was only females around. But he would soon learn that. She led him to one of the buildings, where he saw yet more females of the race.

What he would find out was that all of the aliens here were female. There were no males on the colony ship and it had been nearly a year since any of them had seen a male of any kind. What he also didn't know is that the buildings he had been in had slowly wiped out certain memories of his past including some of the people he loved back home. Once his memory was prepared, he would ultimately be led to the rest of females of the city.

He also forgot how he got to Mars... and now that his mind was prepared... he would begin his new life as the only male on Mars surrounded by a never ending supply of females who adored his presence. He of course worked as a scientist for them... but he now had a world all his own. The one who brought him to the city would become his bride of sorts. She taught him how to use the equipment they had and she would always be the one who "rescued" him.

He would live out his days on Mars, with a city full of beautiful women all around him... a beautiful new bride... and would enjoy the life he had found... all from a chance mishap and a chance meeting on Mars.

Jed Stancato

Back to top Go down

My Submission Empty Re: My Submission

Post  Hanamura-Yuki Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 pm

A planet populated entirely by females? Hey! I might actually stand a chance with the ladies there! Laughing Where do I sign up?

Hanamura-Yuki

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum